ICMPD (International Center for Migration Policy Development)
The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD) is an international organisation with 19 Member States. Founded in 1993, ICMPD holds UN observer status and cooperates with more than 580 partners including EU institutions and UN agencies.
- Researching the development of innovative, inclusive and sustainable migration policies
- Support to capacity building activities
- Providing an international platform for informal intergovernmental consultations in the field of migration management.
ICMPD today has 19 member states, including Türkiye and has over 200 employees and also has UN observer status. Türkiye joined the ICMPD on 15 May 2018 as 17th member state with the Law No. 6993 of 09.03.2017 (Official Gazette no: 30024, date 31 March 2017).
ICMPD is implementing projects in Türkiye through Ankara Office under the roof “Western Balkans and Türkiye Regional Office”.In addition to the 6 projects currently ongoing, there are 2 projects completed in 2019:
- Strengthening Utilization of Additional Policies and Measures for Reinforcing Migration Management in Türkiye (SUPREME)
- Supporting Institutional Capacity and Policy Development Processes in the Area of Asylum (PACT)
- Enhancing Occupational Staff Capacity of the Ministry of Family, Labour and Social Services Working in the Field of Woman on Fight Against Human Trafficking (SHIFT)
- Sustainable Migration Management Through Supporting Implementation of development sensitive Migration Policies and Initiatives in Türkiye (SUMMIT)
- Technical Assistance for Cooperation with Civil Society in the Field of Migration and International Projection (TACSO)
- Enhancement of Entrepreneurship Capacities for Sustainable Socio-Economic Integration (ENHANCER-FRIT)
- Supporting Migration Policy Development in Türkiye (MIND) – Completed in 2019
- Support the Implementation of Development-sensitive Migration Policies in Türkiye (SIDEM) – Completed in 2019